» Darren's Resume
Please note that my resume is not currently up-to-date. I will make sure to update it again the next time I am looking for employment.
Download my resume to view/print it offline:
Adobe PDF Format (131k)
Microsoft Word DOC Format (138k)
Rich Text RTF Format (813k)
Darren Hewerweb designer and IT professional
Please download my full resume above for contact info
Or you can contact Darren online
- A team position with a growing company where I can apply my technical skills and expertise, and gain valuable work experience in the field of information systems & technology.
Operating Systems: Windows 9x / NT / 2000 / XP, Linux, MS-DOS, RAQ Webservers
Other Software Apps: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Visio), Networking security tools, Internet applications (FTP, IRC, IM, Telnet)
Hardware: PC hardware installation, PC software & hardware troubleshooting
Personal Skills: Reliable, honest, works well under pressure, problem solver, enjoys teamwork
Bachelorís Degree: Information Systems & Human Behavior, 1999-2003
University of Guelph Guelph, Ontario
Computer Science degree. Includes study of psychology and management in addition to computer skills. Through team projects and intense individual study, developed skills in many diverse areas including web development, software engineering, networking, data management, systems analysis and human interface design.
Job Related Courses:
Human Computer Interaction: Focuses on human needs in technology when designing interactive systems. Acquired user requirements and create designs based on those requirements to achieve optimum usability in a semester-long team web-based project.
Database Systems & Concepts: Analysis of several database models and query techniques. Created databases and SQL queries. Studied the correct way to design relational databases.
Software Engineering: Completion of a team project involving software requirements, design, development and testing, each with required full documentation. Study of oo-analysis, software architectures, software review process, quality assurance, ethics and formal specifications.
- Web Design Portfolio:
I have been involved in web development since 1997, and my various sites earn revenue by selling advertising. Please visit emmzee.com for more information on the following sites, all of which were created by and are currently maintained by myself.
- emmzee's Personal Site www.emmzee.com
- You're at it right now! Built entirely using HTML/CSS with no tables used for site construction.
- DOS Games www.dosgames.com
- My first and most popular site. Sorely in need of a redesign, this is the most popular DOS games site in the world.
- PLAY.vg www.play.vg
- A recent project providing free Java & Flash games, focusing on remakes of arcade and video game classics.
- Video Game Stores www.vgstores.com
- The largest online database of video game stores, including user reviews. Totally PHP/mySQL driven.
- Why Faith?
- This WordPress-powered blog discusses many issues dealing with faith and religion.
- Job Experience
- Programmer/Designer - May 2006 to Aug 2006, Campus Crusade for Christ Canada
- Duties include writing content, developing designs for new websites, coordinating online advertising using Google Adwords, and web-based programming.
- Process Issue Resolution Support - Aug 2004 to Jul 2005, EDULINX Canada Corporation
- Provide outgoing phone support as part of PIR (also known as exception handling) team. Responsibilities include identifying client exceptions, calculating outstanding loan payments, contacting customers via phone to resolve issues and processing student loan applications.
- Technical Advisor - June 1997 to present, Computer Aid
- Assist with computer software, hardware and Internet related projects. Provide knowledge to assist clients with personal computer troubleshooting/upgrades and Internet/multimedia projects.
- Computer Network Card Installation/Support - Sep 2001 to Oct 2001, University of Guelph
- Installed network cards, performed technical support and carried out troubleshooting duties for the University of Guelph Campus Computing Services (CCS) department during the early semester student move-in period.
- Income Security Programs (ISP) - May 2001 to Aug 2001, Human Resources Development Canada
- Rehired by the Government of Canada in a full time summer position. Provided customer support at the front reception desk by fielding questions, running inquiries and assisting applicants. Also worked for the HRDC (now HRSDC) during the two previous summer work terms. During that time my achievements included handling the telephone switchboard, incoming/outgoing mail, filing, and data entry.
- Available upon request.
Want to contact me? Please visit my Contact page! Thank you for your time and interest!